Labels

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The 3 days of waiting

Friday, August 26th: I woke up very tired. The cut that was made for the biopsy never stopped bleeding.
I ended up with hematoma under the cut.  It was hard under it.  When I called the Dr. about it I was told that it was okay.  I had to press 10 min. on the area as hard as I could and that would stop the bleeding. It worked.  I kept ice on it all weekend.  I bruised up Sunday.  I wore my sports bra until Wed. morning because it wasn't as sore when I wore it.
I went to work Friday morning hoping to work, but I was tired and my mind was elsewhere.  I did a few things and then went home and took a nap.  I woke up and went back to work around noon. I couldn't focus so I stayed at the office and worked on personal items.  I needed to call people, work on bills, etc. So many things to do.
I left work around 4pm and picked up Tony from his grandma's house.  He and I had a good evening.
I really thought it was going to be a long weekend of waiting.  It was a very busy weekend.  I also didn't want the weekend to end because I got the results on Monday.  As far as I was concerned, I didn't have breast cancer.  For the weekend, ignorance was bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment