Labels

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The results are in - Monday, August 29, 2011

I received a call from my general Dr. at 9:16am.
She gave me a plethora of information.  What I basically heard was: I have breast cancer.
I cried, I got dizzy, I got sweaty, I got hot, and I cried even more.  I couldn't believe it.
I wanted to know what I did wrong and why me.  After "freaking out" I collected myself and called my Dr. back.  I wanted the details again. I wanted to pay attention and learn. Once I got a hold of her I asked her to fax me the information.  She said she was waiting on information from Dr. Cox and then would fax. it. She said that I have an appt with the surgeon 9-8-11 and that they were working on getting me into oncology.
I then went home and took a nap.  All I could think was I didn't want Tony to grow up without a mom. I wanted him to know how much I love him and I wanted him to grow up with God and be a good man.
I also didn't want to hurt my friends and family.  This was going to hurt them. But it was out of my control. I needed that nap.
I woke up to a call from a friend. He got me an appt with Dr. Coy for the next day at 10:00 am.  That was helpful. I didn't want to wait until the 8th of Sept. I called Dr. Cox's office to see if they had any updated information.  I was told that they hadn't received the written paperwork and they would know more in the morning.  They were doing all they could to get me into oncology as that was the next step.
I then called a friend. She found out 9-2-10 that she had breast cancer.  She didn't have a history of it in her family either and she is younger than me.  She talked to me and gave me the step by step process she went through.  I asked questions and felt so much better after that call.
It was then time to pick up Tony from school.  I picked him up (still very weepy) and had a great evening with him.  It was a quiet night for me.  I kept to myself and cried myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment