Labels

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Busy Times

Update as of Sunday, September 25th, 2011

The facts:
9-21-11 I got to go to the Pink Door boutique to be fitted for my post-surgery bras. They are aloe infused and have pockets that Velcro to them to hold the drains that will be attached to my chest.
They deliver the bras to my friend while I am in surgery for the nurse to put on my after surgery.

9-22-11 I went to Freeman admissions for my pre-op.  It was very well organized.  I talked with someone that discussed the surgery procedure with me.  I was given a notebook of information.  It tells me what I need to do before and after surgery.  They took blood, checked my blood pressure and answered my questions.  
I found out that I don’t get to shower or bathe after surgery until the drains are removed.  It could be up to 2 weeks.  Sponge bathes only.  Wow….I’m gonna stink! Foam shampoo and sponge baths.  It’s funny, before this I would have loved to have an excuse to not shave my legs for 2 weeks. 

9-30-11 Surgery day  - I will ask a friend to post on the blog and my Facebook account how things go Friday. 

How I feel:
Wow, the last couple of weeks have been so busy and I am thankful. I am still thankful and still believe that everything will be okay, but I have started to weaken.  As of Friday night, Sept 16th I started to become extra sensitive and weepy.  I am assuming it is because I am mentally becoming more and more tired.  I feel very overwhelmed with everything.  My body is weak by 3pm every day and it is all I can do get through the evening.  It is as if I spent all my energy for the day by 2 or 3 pm.  

I feel like I have a lot to get done before surgery.  I have a lot of work prep and prep at home to get done.  I get to pick up my Aunt Betty on Wednesday.  She is coming in from San Jose.  It is a huge relief that she will be at my house for 2 weeks.  She will take care of my mom and help me as well. 
I just feel like I can’t keep up.  I know it will all get better; I just don’t have the spunk I have had in the past.  I am trying to stay above water.

I am very thankful for all the support.  I appreciate all the prayer, thoughts, letters, cards, emails, Facebook posts and calls.  The love and concern is very comforting.  Thank you.

I feel safe in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment