Labels

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting for the next step...

Nothing new to report as far as doctors and appointments. 
As of now I am just waiting for the surgery day.  To sum it up I am scheduled to have surgery September 30th.  I am having a bilateral mastectomy, a sentinel lymph node biopsy and reconstructive surgery that day. I am told the recovery time is 4-6 weeks, but the surgeon has seen patients return to work in 2 weeks to a desk job.
I do have to have chemo treatments after the surgery, but I won’t find out the schedule for that until a week after the surgery.  I meet with the oncologist on the 6th of October.

I am told that chemo will have the side effects of being tired, etc., but my oncologist said I should still be able to work when going through chemo treatments.
My employer has been informed and they are still very supportive and have approved my time off from work.  As of now I have only scheduled to be off 3 weeks with the hopes of getting to return to work sooner than that, but will see how it all goes.  I have enough vacation saved for the surgery recovery of 3 weeks, but am not sure how much time off I will need, if any, for chemo.

My feelings:
I really feel like I don’t have cancer.  It is always on my mind and I dream about it, but God has given me a peace about it.  I am ready to do the surgery and recover and get passed all this. I still seem to be more tired than normal, but that could be my bad eating habits, etc.
I want to express how blessed and thankful I am for all my friends and family.  Prayers are working.  All the emails, calls, text messages and Facebook contact showing the love and support is so healing.  I don’t have a chance to feel alone and scared.  I am so blessed.  Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty,

    This isn't exactly the way I would want to reconnect, but I wanted to let you know that I am here to support you.

    I will be thinking of you,

    Amy (Fisher) Bryant

    ReplyDelete